Dolores and I after the 5K in front of Lululemon
What is this blog about?
Hello Everyone! Welcome to my very first blog! As you may or may not know, this year I decided to accomplish 23 goals to celebrate my 23rd year of life. This idea actually began with my decision to "celebrate life by donating life." I told myself that instead of commemorating my birthday with another tattoo I should celebrate my life by donating blood. What better way to appreciate my own life than by donating life to someone that is fighting to survive. From there I simply decided to add 22 more to my list ranging from adopting a healthier life style to discovering my family tree. Needless to say, I hope this journey will be spiritual, enlightening, and fulfilling.
On the side of the home page you will find a list of the 23 goals I have set out to accomplish! I hope that this blog will collect wonderful memories of my 23rd birthday! I also hope that many of you will take part in helping me accomplish these goals and in making this year a memorable one! Thank you all in advance for making this an amazing year!
Monday, January 13, 2014
My First Official 5k
This post is long overdue but for some reason or another I lost the motivation to keep up with the blog. On the bright side I have actually been keeping up with the goals. Back in October, when I was still practicing for the half marathon, I ran a 5k with Dolores through Hollywood. The event was hosted by the yoga clothing store Lululemon. Who by the way (I found this out after running their little 5k) are against thicker women wearing their clothes. Apparently the pants do not stretch out enough at the ass and thighs (making ur underwear visible) because the clothes are made fore small women. True shit, Google the Lululemon's founder and his apology video lol. Any who, so the 5k at the time was the longest distance I had ran in training for the half marathon and I gotta tell you, I felt like it was the most incredible thing! haha The run started out with a huge ass hill that I was able to run about half way up. It ended with a nice downhill and was straight for the most part. Most people at the event had also signed up for the half and there was ambassadors there. It was nice to see that not only athletes and professionals were running the half! Actually, a lot of normal people trying to make healthier decisions were there and it gave me some confidence in my ability to finish a half marathon. =]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment