April 6, 2013 - Take a Road Trip
Alright so it might not have been a very unique road trip since I have been to San Francisco several times but it was fun! Blaine and I went up to SF for the Gamma Zeta Alpha 25 year anniversary gala. It was the first time I stayed at the Hyatt all fancy dancy lol. We drove up on a Friday and had to come back on Sunday so it was a short trip.
On Friday we got there around 1pm, checked in, got food and settled in. At night we went into the city to a bar BUT, I forgot my ID -__- Blaine stayed but I went back to the hotel to do homework (how sad huh?) Saturday was a little better we went into the city to eat and do some sight seeing. Blaine's big bro took us to this spot where you can see Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge. BTW his daughter is so adorable! After that we went back to get ready for the gala.
The gala itself was pretty cool too. I ran into a lot of Lambdas there, including a founding mother! The food was amazing! A lot of the bros spoke and some had some pretty inspiring speeches.
April 19, 2013 - Go to a Concert
I managed to get tickets for the first show of KDAY's Krush Groove at City Walk. There were ALL these rappers performing, Warren G, Bone Thugs and Harmony, Comptons Most Wanted, Glasses Malone, DJ Quick, Too Short, Dogg Pound, and Mac Ten. It was pretty cool since I love rap and I have ALWAYS wanted to see Warren G in concert. DJ Quick sucked ass though, that guy must of been on some kind of drug because he didn't even rap all he kept doing was playing the electric guitar, which he SUCKED at!
The show was good and the people were toooo Hood! lol Ghetto people, ghetto people everywhere. =] Since it was one night right before 4/20 everyone was getting high! There was some straight up gang bangers in there. lol I felt very out of place event though rap is the only thing I ever listen to hahah I can only imagine how Blaine felt since he was a little more out of his element. Thanks for going with me babe!!!
April 23, 2013 - Donate Blood
So one day I was walking to class and I saw a sign that said, "Blood Drive" in the student union at CSULB. I figured no better time than the now. I went to the gym, made sure to eat, and then I sent a text to Alysse so that she could accompany me.
I gotta say, I didn't expect the experience to be the way it was! First, some of the questions asked were kind of weird to understand. For example, I couldn't donate if I had been with a man that had sex with a man (EVER). Second, the man nurse that took my vitals was pretty cute. In addition to my white coat syndrome high blood pressure I got even more nervous talking to this dude. (Blaine, if you are reading this don't forget you are still my main squeeze). The actual blood donating part of the process was pretty chill, after they inserted the horse needle in my arm!
The real challenge came AFTER the donating. I thought I was fine until I started walking and started feeling dizzy. Then I started feeling like I was drunk. So I did as Alysse suggested, ate some food, drank something sweet, and just in case I bought a cookie too. Since CSULB is on a hill, I started walking up the steps to make it to class and I almost fainted! I made to class okay but I couldn't functioned the rest of the day. It was crazy but I felt good about doing a good deed. =]
No comments:
Post a Comment