What is this blog about?

Hello Everyone! Welcome to my very first blog! As you may or may not know, this year I decided to accomplish 23 goals to celebrate my 23rd year of life. This idea actually began with my decision to "celebrate life by donating life." I told myself that instead of commemorating my birthday with another tattoo I should celebrate my life by donating blood. What better way to appreciate my own life than by donating life to someone that is fighting to survive. From there I simply decided to add 22 more to my list ranging from adopting a healthier life style to discovering my family tree. Needless to say, I hope this journey will be spiritual, enlightening, and fulfilling.

On the side of the home page you will find a list of the 23 goals I have set out to accomplish! I hope that this blog will collect wonderful memories of my 23rd birthday! I also hope that many of you will take part in helping me accomplish these goals and in making this year a memorable one! Thank you all in advance for making this an amazing year!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

New GOALS being accomplished!! aka HALF MARATHON!

I am so horrible at keeping up with this thing but with moving apartments and going to Mexico its been kinda hectic these days! As you can see from the tabs there has been some new additions: 5 year plan, Fitness!, and just added today, half marathon. Basically since I am an organizing freak, I have added these tabs to keep "tabs" on my progress for each long time goal. The hikes are updated every month, I try to update the fitness tab monthly as well. Now the half marathon one will have to be updates weekly! Dolores, my dearest sorority sister and comadre, has pushed me to do this half marathon with her on January 4th and it is through downtown LA. Mari, was also dragged into this (what up to my EAST LA homita!). So any who, in order to prepare us Dolores provided us with these AWESOME training schedule for beginners. It pretty much tells you what you have to do every week, how much to run, when to weight train, and most importantly when to REST! Im going to do my best to post updates on my training! WISH ME LUCK!

P.S The hikes, family tree, and 5 year plan will be updated soon! I promise!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!! Running is a toughie for me, but I'm sure with a good plan you will rock that half marathon.

    ReplyDelete