What is this blog about?

Hello Everyone! Welcome to my very first blog! As you may or may not know, this year I decided to accomplish 23 goals to celebrate my 23rd year of life. This idea actually began with my decision to "celebrate life by donating life." I told myself that instead of commemorating my birthday with another tattoo I should celebrate my life by donating blood. What better way to appreciate my own life than by donating life to someone that is fighting to survive. From there I simply decided to add 22 more to my list ranging from adopting a healthier life style to discovering my family tree. Needless to say, I hope this journey will be spiritual, enlightening, and fulfilling.

On the side of the home page you will find a list of the 23 goals I have set out to accomplish! I hope that this blog will collect wonderful memories of my 23rd birthday! I also hope that many of you will take part in helping me accomplish these goals and in making this year a memorable one! Thank you all in advance for making this an amazing year!

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Mexico Lindo y Querido! Part 1 - Family Time

Alright so here is another goal that was completed this last month, I got to go to MEXICO! What can I say about the beauty of Mexico City that the history and architecture do not already say about the city! Clearly I love it in el D.F but let me tell you about the wonderful things I did during my week out there. This is part one of my story.

First of all and most importantly, I got to spend time with my family =] I got to see my tia Rosa and her two daughters who live out in Guanajuato. In all my life, this was only the second time I got to interact with her. I met her for the first time the last time I went to the pueblo. Its funny how you are able to connect with and automatically feel love for relatives you barely even know. I got to spend time with my tia Carmela who is almost like a mother to my younger uncles. I respect that woman so much. She refused to marry so that she could take care of my grandparents when they got older. It takes a strong woman to do such a thing, to accept the idea of never having a family of her own. I also got to spend time with my two amazing uncles Jorge and Gerardo. Those two are hilarious! All week long my uncles and my dad would sit outside in the patio and play guitars. I have no idea how the music gene skipped me =/ It was a beautiful sight to see my grandpa with three of his sons and singing. It's not something I get to experience often, the feeling of having family around enjoying each others company, I cried.

The big family attraction of the week was my cousins XV. She hired professional chambelanes so that was pretty awesome to see. Of course not all my time was spent with my dad's family, I also got to see the few uncles I have out there from my moms side. I got to see my tio Cano who I have also only seen maybe 3 times in my life but I always enjoy my conversations with him. I also spent time with my tio Raymundo who is pretty awesome! I have always felt really close to him. Its probably because he bought me a pair of skates back when I was in elementary school? Any way the point is, I got a chance to catch up with him.

And last but not least, probably the most important person I wanted to see out there, my abuelito Inocencio. I have wonderful childhood memories with him. I may not have been lucky enough to have him around all the time but the time that I did spend with him while I was growing up I felt that he loved me and cared for me as if I was his own daughter. BTW he was a cop in his younger days ;]. Unfortunately, my grandma passed away about 10 years ago so I don't really have grown up memories about her. Like my grandpa though, she is very present in the few childhood memories that I have from when they visited us in Rosarito and from when they lived in San Diego for two years. What I love about talking to my grandpa when I got to Mexico is that he always talks about her which makes me feel like she is still alive and with us in spirit. She was a wonderful woman and mother to all us.

I got to talk to my grandpa about my family tree while I was out there too! Just as I suspected my uncles had given me all the wrong information about names and such! He cleared up a lot of info for me so I will be updating that part of my blog soon! This visit I realized he is getting older and I know that I may not have many more opportunities to see him alive and well. Im going to try to visit at least once a year. I hope the lord gives my family many more great years with him.


Top Row (Left to Right): Funny picture my dad took with all the cousins and my aunt making weird faces, my Grandpa and I with my cousin in the back lol, all the cousins at the XV.
Bottom Row (Left to Right): My dad and tio Gerardo playing the guitars, my tio Raymundo and myself, my dad and I at the Plaza de las Tres Culturas in Tletelolco. 

No comments:

Post a Comment